Linens act as the color base for your entire wedding reception, and clashing colors can be a huge distraction for your guests. That’s why you should be careful in choosing your linens. This video shows you how to select between linen colors, shapes, and styles.
The video begins by explaining why linens in neutral colors are such a popular choice for wedding planners. Next, the hostess reviews attractive linen textures. You can learn all about tablecloth overlays and how to reduce costs by watching this clip.
You can rent wedding linens and much more from American Party Rental . Our rates and inventory can help make your wedding planning easier. We can be reached by phone at (512) 837-6500 for more information.
Parties and events are always fun, but planning them can be stressful if you don’t have access to the right rental equipment. Visit the following websites for advice and tips on planning great events in the upcoming season.
- You can find some great wedding lighting tips on this page from CelebrityBrideGuide.com.
- No Halloween party is complete without a spooky playlist. Find some great Halloween music ideas on this page from Nerdist.com.
- Plan the perfect Halloween party with advice and ideas from TLC.
- You can get everyone into the haunting mood at your Halloween party by playing a classic Halloween movie on a projection screen. This page from FearfulFilms.com has movie suggestions for partygoers of all ages.
- Add the perfect spin to your next event by renting a mirrored disco ball. Learn about the history of mirror balls in this article from GulfCoastLivingOnline.com.
Whether you are getting ready to throw a memorable Halloween party or planning your dream wedding, you can rely on American Party Rental for your party equipment needs. Check out our website or call our friendly staff at (512) 837-6500 to learn more about our party rentals options and services.
From graduations to cocktail parties, the professionals at American Party Rental have the necessary party rental equipment to satisfy all of your needs.
- If you’re hosting a graduation party for your son or daughter, be sure to follow these comprehensive instructions.
- Weddings, graduations, and other big events can always benefit from a well-arranged buffet table .
- Take a look at this webpage for helpful party etiquette tips for both hosts and guests.
- Find out more about renting a tent for your wedding ceremony with this guide from MarthaStewartWeddings.com.
- Are you planning an outdoor wedding ? If so, take a look at this article from TheKnot.com to find tips to help you plan the event.
If you’re in the Austin area, give us a call at (512) 837-6500 today to find out more. Next, be sure to check out these additional event planning resources.
With Austin’s fall season comes pumpkin pies, a break from the hot weather, brightly-colored leaves, and excited preparations for the holidays, beginning with Halloween. If you love the festive spirit of Halloween and are planning on throwing a Halloween bash for your family, friends, or colleagues, consider renting audio/visual equipment and incorporating these ideas into your event to enhance the eerie atmosphere.
- Set up a Huge Screen: Do you want to show spooky images or a classic scary movie at your Halloween party? Renting a projection screen and showing a slideshow, movie, or spooky graphics is a great way to enhance your event. If you are having a family-friendly party, consider setting up a separate space for the children and projecting a kid-appropriate Halloween movie on the giant screen.
- Rent a Slide Projector or LCD Data Projector: If you decide to rent a projection screen, you will also need a slide projector or an LCD data projector. With a slide projector, you can create a fun slideshow of scary images or pictures from past Halloween parties to show your guests. With an LCD data projector, you can project movies or images from your computer onto the screen.
- Create a Spooky Playlist: Enhance the vibe of your Halloween party by renting speakers and creating a great Halloween playlist . Whether you want your guests to get out on the dance floor or want to create a spooky setting with eerie noises, speakers are a great rental choice for your Halloween party.
If you are trying to throw the best party in Austin this Halloween, rely on American Party Rental for all of your party rental needs, including different types of audio/visual equipment. Visit us online or call our helpful staff at (512) 837-6500 to learn more about our party equipment rentals.
Halloween is one of America’s most beloved holidays, and in recent years it continues to grow in popularity. In fact, spending on Halloween costumes and party supplies rose by nine percent in 2011—a rough economic year that even saw a decline in Christmas spending. Let’s take a look at some of the history behind this holiday and today’s Halloween trends:
Ghoulish History – This spooky holiday has long been associated with community and celebrations, but it’s gone through quite a few changes over the years. About 2,000 years ago, Halloween was celebrated by the Celts during early November, to recognize the season of death when cold winds began to kill the crops and community members were more likely to fall ill. They called this ancient festival Samhain , and it’s the holiday upon which Halloween is based. Bonfires were lit to honor the gods, and costumes were worn to hide from the wandering spirits of the dead. In these days, the treats provided at doorsteps were for ghosts, not kids.
The Origins of Jack-o-Lanterns – Halloween’s beloved Jack-o-lantern pumpkin derived from an old Irish tale involving Jack, a man so evil, the devil himself refused to admit him into hell. Barred from both heaven and hell, Jack was left to wander the earth at night holding a piece of coal inside of a turnip for light. He was referred to as “Jack of the lantern.” Around Halloween, families would put lights and offerings by their front doors to ward off evil spirits like Jack. Many folks tried carving their own “Jack of the lanterns.” These were originally faces carved into Irish turnips and potatoes, but the Irish began using North American-grown pumpkins when the tradition travelled with them to the United States.
Today’s Candy-Fueled Celebrations – Traditions have changed over time, and while Halloween night is still spooky, it’s much more fun! We also eat much more candy than the spooky revelers of centuries past could ever have imagined! Americans spent more than 2 billion dollars on Halloween candy in 2011. To give you an idea of the sheer volume of Halloween candy consumed, if you laid the more than 9 billion pieces of candy corn made this year end to end, the chain would circle the moon 21 times!
Festive Costumes and Party Decor – Today’s Halloween costumes are funny and creative, and our Halloween parties feature silly games and festive party decorations instead of somber rituals. A spooky adult Halloween party might feature a ghoulish black, white, and red vampire theme. For a more family-friendly party, hosts can offer activities like bobbing for apples and use festive, harvest-themed table decorations and party linens.
This year, impress your friends with fun facts about candy corn and jack-o-lanterns and share some great ideas for Halloween party supplies and costumes! We’ve compiled a list of tweetable tidbits to get you in the spirit for America’s most haunted holiday. Click “Tweet this” to share on twitter, or feel free to post your favorite factoids on Facebook and Google+.
An extremely important part of planning your wedding reception is picking the entertainment for the night. The right entertainment will enhance the atmosphere of the event and add to the fun.
With the variety of different entertainment choices available, including DJs and live bands, choosing an entertainment option can be confusing. Watch this video for tips on getting the best wedding entertainment for your special day.
For all of your party supply rental needs, rely on American Party Rental in Austin. Visit us online or call our helpful staff at (512) 837-6500 to learn more about our variety of party rentals that can make your wedding reception absolutely perfect.